Family Volunteer Day!
Metro Volunteers through their inaugural Family Volunteer Day at Manual High School. There were more than 20 nonprofits that set up booths and on-site projects to allow families to participate in community volunteer work. The day was a great success!
- More than 150 children and adult volunteers attended the event.
- Attendees made blankets and dog toys for Arising Hope, saving the organization $150 in supply costs and gaining them $300 in future donations for the items.
- 59 holiday cards were created and will be mailed through the Red Cross to our deployed troops.
- 60 outreach kits for homeless people in the Metro Denver area were assembled for Family Tree with a supply budget of $150, saving the organization vital funds that support women, children and families in our community.
- An estimated 50 bags were decorated for Project Angel Heart food deliveries.
“This is a great opportunity to do a good deed while learning more about what you can do as a family in the future.”
Event coming up? Call 720.299.6278 or visit our website for more information!